There are three (3) ways Binghamton University faculty, staff and students can gain access to ArcGIS Desktop Software.
1) If you have a network connected windows desktop on campus, we can set up an appointment and I will install the software.
2) If you have a windows laptop, I can email you instructions on how to download, install and authorize a one year educational license.
3) If you have a mac laptop, I can give you access to a virtual desktop environment that runs the software.-Send me an email if you want more information on any of these options.
Access to Binghamton University's ArcGIS Online Organizational Account
Includes access to:
- ArcGIS Online (Full capabilities)
- Free ESRI training materials
- Business Analyst Online
- ESRI for Office
- Survey 123
These are not Public Labs.
They are available based on need.
appointments need to be made
The GIS Training Center is located in Room 134 and 135 of Old Johnson and shares space
with the Department of Geography.
The GIS Training Center houses nine (9) Windows 10 machines all linked to our main GIS Server. Each machine is networked and has access to the internet.
Access to Geography Labs are also possible.
Software currently being run in the training center includes:
- ArcGIS 10.x: Plus a variety of extensions including access to ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Business Analyst 10.x including access to Business Analyst Online
- City Engine
- ArcPad 10.x: For use on a Trimble GeoXM handheld
- Google Earth Pro
- GPS Pathfinder Office 3.1
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Contour Storyteller
- IBM SPSS 22
- Adobe Acrobat Reader X
- Geolytics NCDB
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome