Geological Sciences Honors
Students are encouraged to participate in a research project supervised by a member of the faculty in Geological Sciences (see Undergraduate Research webpage). Additionally, with successful completion of an independent research paper and above-average performance in coursework, the student may be awarded Distinguished Independent Work in the Geological Sciences upon graduation. Faculty may designate graduating seniors for the following awards.
- The Ralph Digman Prize is awarded to the academically most outstanding senior geology major.
- The Glenn G. Bartle Class of '52 Award is made to an outstanding graduating senior in Geological Sciences who best emulates Glenn Bartle's ideal of academic excellence and service to the department.
- Resources for Students
Geology Field Camps:
Here is a short article written by a faculty member (at Idaho SU) about "How to Choose a Field Camp".
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
- Association for Women Geoscientists (AWG)
- National Association of Black Geoscientists (NABG)