Binghamton University Harpur Law Council
The Harpur Law Council of Binghamton University was formed in 1995 to serve the needs and interests of Binghamton University alumni attorneys and pre-law students.
- Harpur Law Council Overview
The goal of the Binghamton University Harpur Law Council is to strengthen Binghamton University's mission and tradition of academic excellence by advising the dean of Harpur College on matters regarding academic issues and programs relevant to the legal profession. Working closely with the Harpur College Dean, the Harpur Law Council seeks to:
- Establish an effective network of University law alumni
- Mentor students and alumni interested in law careers
- Recruit outstanding students to attend Binghamton University and Harpur College
- Advice Harpur College on academic issues and programs relevant to the legal profession
- Increase financial support for special projects that include public interest law internships
Networking and Mentoring:
The council committee members have established an effective network of University law alumni. The Council mentors students and alumni interested in law careers, recruits outstanding students to attend Binghamton University and Harpur College, provides guidance and advice to Harpur College on academic issues and programs relevant to the legal profession and contributes financial support for special projects that include public interest law internships, support for the mock trial team, and other mentoring and development programs.
Law alumni volunteers are encouraged to share their skills and resources through programs such as alumni-student networking events, lawyers' roundtables and law-career forums to support and enhance the educational experience for our students. For more information please email Leah Joggerst.
Ways to Connect:
- Law Alumni LinkedIn Group: Interested in connecting with other Binghamton University Law Alumni and in sharing your professional experiences and knowledge with current students? This group has a Harpur Law Alumni subgroup through which you can connect with peers and mentor current students.
- B-Connected: B-Connected enables you to share updates, search for classmates, register for events or make a gift. It is accessible only by Binghamton University alumni.
- Law & Society Facebook Page: Like us on Facebook and read interesting law related articles and interact with our Facebook community.
Each summer the Harpur Law Council sponsors the Public Interest Law Internship Program for undergraduate juniors and seniors looking for first-hand experience in the practice of law in the public sector.
Committees and Members
Steering committee members and working committee members seeking to enhance the visibility and sustain the tradition of excellence of Binghamton University and enhance the mission of the Harpur Law Council.
Help Support Our Pre-law Interns
The Harpur Law Council sponsors the Public Interest Law Internship Program. Students receive stipends ranging from $3,000 to $4,000 plus one credit.
To make a donation over the phone or questions about the program, email Leah Joggerst or call 607-777-4098.