HDEV peer advisors help other HDEV students achieve academic success. They are recruited from among the junior and senior student body and are extensively trained by HDEV's professional academic advisors to share their strategies for successfully navigating coursework and requirements, along with their knowledge of campus resources.
What can peer advisors do?
- Advise you on a walk-in basis
- Help with your course selection, scheduling and late add/drop questions
- Assist you in exploring internship opportunities
- Offer referrals to various campus resources, both academic and non-academic
- Help you learn to use B-mail, blackboard and BU Brain
- Know about room changes and canceled classes
- Answer your questions about University and CCPA policies
- Distribute forms and other paperwork
- Advise you on independent study opportunities
- Help you understand Degree Works degree audit reports
- Talk with prospective students interested in transferring to CCPA
Why meet with a peer advisor?
Peer advisors are your student ambassadors in the Human Development Department. As full-time undergraduates, they have similar experiences and share the same concerns you do.
Location, contact and schedule
Peer Advising Office
Binghamton University Downtown Center, Room 450
Schedule for walk-in advising
Peer Advising Office, UDC 450
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Mountainview Student Success Center, Appalachian Hall, G-17
- Tuesdays: Noon to 4 p.m.
- Thursdays: Noon to 1 p.m.