Nu Rho Psi is the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience and now an independent honor society. We are a non-profit, grass-roots organization comprised of neuroscientists, like you. Currently, charters have been awarded to over 40 chapters in all regions of the United States. The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- Encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in Neuroscience
- Award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship
- Advance the discipline of Neuroscience
- Encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in Neuroscience and related fields
- Promote career development in Neuroscience and related fields
- Increase public awareness of Neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society
- Encourage service to the community
Our local chapter at Binghamton University was founded in 2014 by Joe Khoury, Neil Khoury, and Mark Tyneway and with the help of our faculty advisor Dr. Patricia DiLorenzo. Our current faculty advisor is Dr. Christopher Bishop.
Requirements to Apply
- Major in Neuroscience
- Undergraduate GPA: 3.2 minimum
- Neuroscience GPA: 3.5 minimum
- Sophomore academic standing
- Completion of at least 9 credit hours of Neuroscience-related courses
For more information, check out the national Nu Rho Psi website or email us at email@example.com.