Not sure what to do after you graduate? Confused about your options? Check out what alumni are actually doing. (Data from alumni who graduated from Binghamton University between 1991 and 2012 with degrees in Psychobiology or Integrative Neuroscience.)
- Pediatric Hematology Oncology Chief Fellow at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Flight Surgeon in the US Military
- Medical Coordinator for the South Asian Marrow Association of Recruiters
- Registered Dietician
- Genetic Counselor
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Osteopathic Physician
- Chiropractic Physician
- Practicing Internist
- Emergency Medicine
- Staff Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Physician's Assistant
- Neurology Nurse
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Certified Health Coach
- Direct care provider to adults with autism, Developmental Disabilities Institute, Long Island, N.Y.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Alpert Medical School (Brown University)
- Assistant Director of the Biomedical Forensic Sciences Master's Program (Boston University)
- Highs school math/science teacher, curriculum director, and principal
- Elementary School Psychologist
- High school biology teacher
- Chief Technology Officer for Gibbons P.C.
- Healthcare Operations Consultant
- Billing Operations Manager
- Scientific Consultant for flow cytometry sales at Beckman Coulter
- Marketing Associate at Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Pharmaceutical Representative
- Account Manager for the Greater New York Hospital Association
- Program Manager for Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Program Manager at Levin Institute
- Lab Manager at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
- Public Affairs Officer, Embassy of Israel
- Process Improvement Coordinator, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Pharmeceutical and Medical Device Development
- Forensic Biology, DNA analyst, Crime Scene Investigation
- Data Research Assistant, Office of Student Affairs Assessment and Strategic Initiatives, Binghamton University
- Investigator for the Food and Drug Administration
- Network engineer, Double Click Inc.
For more information
If you're not sure which career is best for you, or if you have a general direction in mind but need more information, stop by the Integrative Neuroscience Program Advising Office (Science 4, Room 175).
You can also check out the following on-campus resources:
- Pre-Health Careers: If you are interested in a career in a pre-health field (i.e. medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, optometry, chiropractic, etc.), visit the Pre-Health Professions Advising Office in the Harpur College Academic Advising Office, AB-G18, for more information.
- The Alumni Directory lists contact information for Binghamton University alumni who have agreed to serve as a resource for current students. Listed alumni come from various undergraduate majors and are pursuing a variety of careers. You can search by undergraduate major or career.
- The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development (UU 133, 607-777-2400) also has books on graduate programs, GREs, careers in science, résumés and job-hunting, as well as guides to online resources. You can schedule appointments with a CDC counselor by calling 607-777-2400.
- For information about funding, see the Harpur College Scholarships pages.