You must notify ISSS of any changes in your residential address. Please note that your residential address is where you live; you cannot use the address of your department or office on campus.
Students who live on campus
If you are living in on-campus housing during the academic year, you do not need to complete an address update form. ISSS will automatically update your U.S. residential address based on your housing assignment.
Students who live off campus
- Use the US Residential Address Update e-form to inform ISSS of any changes in your living address. You may also use this e-form to check the U.S. address currently on file with ISSS.
- Submit any changes to your living address using standard U.S. formatting.
An example of a U.S. residential address is:
Street Address: 123 Main Street
Apartment: Apartment A
State: New York
ZIP Code: 13905
- Do NOT submit address changes through BU Brain. ISSS will update your address in the university database for you after you submit the e-form.
- ISSS strongly recommends that you have your name on the mailbox to assist in secure delivery of mail.
- You will receive an email if ISSS has any problems processing the e-form.
Changes in phone number
- If you need to report only a U.S. phone number to ISSS, please use the US Phone Number Update e-form.
- Do not submit phone number changes through BU Brain. ISSS will update your phone number in the university database for you after you submit the e-form.