International J-1 Student Transfer-In Form
This e-form is used to notify the International Student and Scholar Services office at Binghamton University of your intent to transfer from your current educational institution. It should be submitted by students currently studying at a high school, college or university in the United States with a valid J-1 visa.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to submit this E-Form, you must first activate your Binghamton University account. Click here for instructions.
You will be required to upload your visa and any previous DS-2019’s with this form. They must be in PDF or image (JPG, JPEG, GIFF, PNG) format (PDF works best).
Here are the instructions for submitting the International J-1 Student Transfer-In Form:
- Login to Sunapsis. Go online for instructions.
- After logging in, click on ‘New Students’ in the shaded box on the left side of the screen, then select ‘International J-1 Student Transfer-In Form’:
- The International J-1 Student Transfer-In Form is displayed:
- Enter the information about the institution you are transferring FROM. Be sure to enter the Email Address correctly – your RO/ARO will need to complete a portion of the form before it can be processed by ISSS. You must also upload an image of your current U.S. Visa and any previous DS-2019 Forms:
- Read the statement in the confirmation box CAREFULLY. You must click on the box to signify you have read and understand the statement. When complete, click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form:
- The initial screen will be displayed, informing you the e-form has been submitted for processing:
- You will receive an e-mail after ISSS has completed processing the e-form.
- If you want to cancel the e-form, scroll to the bottom and click the ‘Cancel’ button:
You should notify your RO/ARO that you have submitted this E-Form, and that they will be receiving an email from ISSS at Binghamton University requesting information. They will be able to submit the required information via an E-Form.