David J. Klotzkin received his BS in Electrical Engineering in 1988 from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, his MS in Materials Science from Cornell University in 1994 and his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan in 1998.
He has worked for IBM, Technical Aids, Inc., Kessler-Ellis, Lasertron, Inc., the Naval Research Lab, University of Cincinnati, Ortel and Binoptics, Inc.. He is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). He has been a professor at Binghamton University since fall 2008 and in 2010 he received the departmental research award.
- BS, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- MS, Cornell University
- MS, PhD, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
- High-speed telecommunications lasers
- Free space modulating retroreflectors
- Integrated opto-electronic devices
- Quantum dot lasers and laser dynamics
- Photonic-band-gap based devices
- Organic luminescent devices
- Mathematical Methods in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Circuits
- Advanced Semiconductor Lasers
- 2016-2017 Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching