Energy conversion and storage (batteries, fuel cells, solar, thermoelectric):
Tara Dhakal, Jiye (James) Fang, Hao Liu, Jeffrey Mativetsky, Alok Rastogi, Manuel Smeu, Bruce White, M. Stanley Whittingham, C.J. Zhong, Guangwen Zhou
Electronic materials, flexible electronics, and electronics packaging:
Peter Borgesen, Junghyun Cho, Eric Cotts, Nikolay Dimitrov, Roxana Margine, Jeffrey Mativetsky, Mark Poliks, Bahgat Sammakia, Scott Schiffres
- The Analytical and Diagnostics Lab (ADL) offers centrally located and professionally staffed state-of-the-art instrumentation for materials characterization.
- NECCES is a broad-based center focussed on advanced batteries and battery materials. It studies (a) fundamental processes in materials to advance the next generation of lithium-ion batteries, (b) focussed research to double the energy density of today’s lithium batteries (Battery500), and (c) leads the prototyping effort to build the next generation of batteries in North America (Battery-NY and NENY).
- Integrated Electronics Engineering Center (IEEC) supports research in electronic systems integration and packaging.
- Center for Autonomous Solar Power (CASP) provides state-of-the-art facilities for producing and studying solar cells.
- CAMM/Flextech is a federally-funded consortium that provides forefront roll-to-roll capabilities for manufacturing flexible electronic devices.