A six-time American Prize winner and featured artist of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra's 2023 American Composers Orchestra Earshot program, composer Martin Hebel works at the intersection of music, advocacy and interdisciplinary collaboration. He responds to the challenges of today’s global community with socially conscious compositions exploring the common ground of shared experiences through music to spark positive change.
Hebel’s Uplifting Unheard Voices project amplifies the voices of refugees from Africa, Ukraine and the Middle East by setting their words to music, seeking to motivate listeners to end the conflicts that refugees flee.
With discography published by Ablaze Records, Centaur Records and the USAF Band of the Golden West, Hebel has collaborated with ensembles across the U.S. and Europe, including the Columbus Symphony in Ohio, Riverside Symphony in New York City and Filharmonie Brno in the Czech Republic. His portfolio includes orchestral and chamber music, multimedia compositions, and collaborations with other artists.
Learn more about Martin Hebel and his music here: martinhebel.com
- D.M.A. in Music Composition, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
- M.M. in Music Composition, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
- B.M. in Music Composition, University of Connecticut
- B.A. in Music (Trumpet), University of Connecticut
- Music composition
- Socially-conscious composition
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Advocacy through music