Eligibility for New York State and SUNY retirement plans with employer contributions depend upon your employee affiliation. You may elect to become a member of one primary retirement plan at a time.
- See Benefits at a Glance for your employee group for eligibility details.
- Also visit the SUNY Retirement Plan Options & Eligibility page for plan details.
Any employee who receives a W-2 form from SUNY is eligible to join ERS.
- ERS Membership Enrollment Form
- ERS Beneficiary Designation Form
- NYSLRS "Your Retirement Benefit" Booklet
- Did You Know? The New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) has added new ERS and PFRS member features to Retirement Online. Members can now estimate their pension benefit, apply for retirement, purchase service credit, manage loan and service credit payments, submit beneficiary changes and more. Visit the Retirement Online website to learn more.
TRS membership is open to employees in a select group of titles, including: all faculty titles, librarian or coach titles, or in the titles of chancellor, president, vice-president, provost, dean, associate dean or assistant dean.
All employees in University Police titles (e.g., PBANYS, MC-13 police titles) are eligible to join PFRS.
This takes you to a page containing a list of links to external websites monitored by SUNY that offer retirement planning resources.
This is an external link that contains current quarterly performance data on the investment fund options available to SUNY faculty and staff who participate in the SUNY Optional Retirement
In addition to your primary employer-contribution retirement plan, you may contribute to a supplemental plan. Click this heading for information on setting up an SRA, TDA or NYS Deferred Compensation.