Not yet a Binghamton student? Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to learn about applying to Binghamton as a transfer student. 

information for transfer applicants

It's important for transfer students to know how their previous coursework will transfer. Binghamton is generous about awarding credit from regionally accredited institutions. In most cases, all courses will transfer.

You can find out how your coursework credits may transfer. Depending on the major, courses may count as either general electives or requirements toward the Binghamton major. Upon admission, Binghamton provides a preliminary credit evaluation.

Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit

AP credit 

To receive proper credit for any AP courses taken, contact the College Board (888-225-5427) to confirm your scores will be sent electronically to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Test scores of 3, 4, or 5 may receive credit based on the policy established by the State University of New York. Learn more about Binghamton's AP credit guidelines

IB credit

Credit is awarded only for Higher Level IB exams, with scores of 4 or 5 receiving 4 credits, and scores of 6 or 7 receiving 8 credits. IB scores are submitted to Binghamton University through the International Baccalaureate website. Find out more about IB credit guidelines.