Binghamton Fund for Student Life (BFSL) 2024 Grant Application Guidelines
Application Due: January 31, 2024
- The Binghamton Fund for Student Life (BFSL) seeks grant applications for the 2024–25 academic year. Only professional staff from the Division of Student Affairs can submit an application, but proposals may involve partnerships with other administrative/academic areas and/or student organizations.
- Funded programs/projects must demonstrate a direct and positive impact on student life at Binghamton University.
- All grant applicants must complete a BFSL Grant Application and should be prepared to provide additional information to the Parents Leadership Council (PLC) if deemed necessary.
- The application must be reviewed, approved and signed by the Assistant/Associate Vice President of the department/area that most directly aligns with the proposal to be considered complete. Only completed applications will be forwarded to the PLC for consideration.
- A PLC representative will chair the grant application and review process, will serve on the grant application review committee and will oversee grant recipient reporting during the post-grant period. All interested members of the PLC are welcome to participate in the review process.
- Three to five finalists will be announced the week of March 18, 2024 and are asked to make a presentation to PLC members at their annual on-campus meeting, Saturday, April 13, 2024.
- Grant recipients will be notified of the amount of the grant awarded following the PLC Annual on-campus meeting on April 13. Grant recipients are responsible for providing an appropriate account number into which the funds should be transferred within 10 business days of notification of the grant award.
- Recipients are asked to acknowledge the Binghamton Fund for Student Life and the PLC on promotional materials, advertisements, or websites pertaining to the funded initiative.
- Applications for grant monies to fund the purchase of promotional items (t-shirts, cups, pens, etc.) are discouraged except where the item in question is a vital and demonstrated function of the program (i.e.; t-shirt is actual uniform for a large group). Applications to provide funding for food at events will not be considered.
If you have questions about the grant process, please contact Betsy Staff, director for Parent and Family Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-777-4987.