The Pharmacy Early Assurance Program (PEAP) provides academically exceptional students early assurance and guaranteed seat in the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program, conditional to the completion of the following criteria:
- Continued enrollment at Binghamton University.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 credits per semester at Binghamton University
- Some courses may be completed elsewhere if necessary or expedient.
- Maximum of four years total to obtain a full list of PharmD prerequisite courses. EOP students have a maximum of five years.
- Maintenance of a minimum Binghamton University cumulative GPA of 3.0 and math/science GPA of 3.0. Students who have transfer coursework will also need to maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 and overall math/science GPA of 3.0. GPA will be reviewed annually at the end of the spring semester. Any student who falls below the minimum GPA requirement will be contacted by the Admissions office at the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Completion of all required prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C-.
- Any grade of a D or F will automatically make a student ineligible to continue in the PEAP.
- Completion of the official PharmCAS application during the application cycle prior to the intended year of matriculation into the PharmD program. Application deadline is Dec. 1.
- Maintenance of good standing at Binghamton University, which includes complying with Binghamton University’s Student Handbook and Code of Student Conduct.
- Participation in a regular admissions interview day, per AACP (The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy) standards.
Students eligible for PEAP entry must meet one of the following criteria:
- Binghamton University first-year undergraduate student
- Binghamton Advantage Program (BAP) first-year student
- Binghamton University spring admit who plans to enroll next semester
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) second-year student
If you are interested in joining the Pharmacy Early Assurance Program, please fill out the form below and one of our School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Admissions representatives will get in touch with you shortly.
Routes for the Pharmacy Early Assurance Program
Students participating in PEAP can choose one of the following pathway options:
Two years of undergraduate coursework + four years in the PharmD program. Students will only complete prerequisite courses and will not earn a bachelor’s degree. Students will complete only a PharmD degree.
Three years of undergraduate coursework + four years in the PharmD program. With proper planning, a student may be able to complete the requirements for a bachelor’s degree in three years, followed by a PharmD degree. Students may also pursue a 3+4 pathway in biology, chemistry or biochemistry, where the first-year pharmacy school courses fulfill both bachelor's degree and Doctor of Pharmacy degree requirements.
Four years of undergraduate coursework + four years in the PharmD program. Students will earn a bachelor’s degree after the first four years of study, followed by a PharmD degree.
Full Set of Undergraduate prerequisite courses required for entry to the PharmD Program
|Binghamton University Course Number
|Any ENG, COLI, WRIT course (with “C” or “W” designation)
|Any ENG or Science Seminar
|General Biology I
|General Biology II
|General Chemistry I
|CHEM 104 (plus 106 lab), CHEM 107, or CHEM 111
|General Chemistry II
|CHEM 105, CHEM 108, or CHEM 341
|Organic Chemistry I
|Organic Chemistry II
|MATH 147 or 148
|MATH 224 and 225
|Anatomy & Physiology I
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Geography, Human Development, etc.
To join PEAP please fill out the Interest Form below and one of our Admissions representatives will be in contact with you shortly.
PEAP Interest Form
Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our Admissions Team members and indicate an interest in PEAP.