DegreeWorks (DW) is a computer program that provides progress-toward-degree reports for students.
The DW audit, viewable online through BU BRAIN, shows all of the requirements needed to receive a degree, and which courses are used to satisfy those requirements.
DW shows two progress bars. One for percent of requirements complete; one for percent of credits complete in order to graduate. Remember: Completing the total hours required does not mean the student has fulfilled all of their course requirements. Total credit hours is only part of the picture.
You can choose to run unofficial "what-if" reports for other majors. The "what if" reports are only an idea of how the student's courses may be used in different majors. For example, if the student is currently in Harpur and thinking about applying as an inter-University transfer to the School of Management, the DW what-if audit will show you how many of the student's credits will apply to the new major.
How to check your DW audit in BU BRAIN:
Log in to BU BRAIN via the Portal.
- Click on BU BRAIN icon on top of the main page
- Click on the “Faculty & Staff” tab
- Click on “DegreeWorks” under Faculty Tools
- You can choose one of the following options:
- Select ‘Refresh' to pull in the most up to date information from Banner and 'Process New' to ensure the audit is showing the most up-to-date information
- Select 'Process New' to ensure the audit is showing the most up-to-date information
- What if: Choose this option to find out if a student’s courses would apply to various majors.
If you feel the information reported on the DW audit is incorrect, visit your school's academic advising office.
If the name, B-Number and/or address are incorrect, contact the Registrar.
DegreeWorks Responsive Dashboard