Binghamton University Scholars Program $3,500 Award:
Further Details Regarding -
Education Abroad Option:
To Apply for Education Abroad:
- To apply for an Education Abroad program offered through Binghamton University, please click here.
- To apply for Education Abroad programs administered by other SUNY institutions
- Apply directly through the Education Abroad office of the sponsoring SUNY institution in accordance with directions on their relevant web pages.
- After you've been accepted and decide to participate, you must also complete a Binghamton general on-line Education Abroad application available at https://www.binghamton.edu/iegi/index.html. (Binghamton does not need copies of your transcripts or letters of recommendation.)
- Once your Education Abroad application has been submitted, the Binghamton University Office of International Education and Global Initiatives (IEGI) will register you as an education-abroad student.
Deadline to Apply for Education Abroad:
- The deadline to apply for Education-Abroad Programs are as follows:
- (note that some programs have earlier deadlines governed by our partner institutions)
- October 1 for Winter Intercession and Spring Semester Programs
- March 1 for Summer Intercession and Fall Semester Programs.
To apply for the $3,500 Scholars Award
- Do not apply for the award until you have been accepted into, and confirmed your intention to participate in an education abroad program (of at least 3 credit hours) through the IEGI Terra Dotta System.
- Login to B-Engaged
- Locate the Binghamton University Scholars Program organization page
- Under "Forms", select "Scholars $3,500 Award Application"
- You will be asked to upload your acceptance letter as a Binghamton University Education-Abroad student that you received from Binghamton University's Office of International Education and Global Initiatives (IEGI) or that you received from another SUNY Education Abroad Office if your program is through another SUNY campus.
- Receipt of the Scholars Award is not guaranteed prior to when payments are due related to the Education Abroad activity.
- Please see the Financial Considerations section below for payment detail.
- Once the award application has been approved you will receive an email notification from B-Engaged. Upon receipt of that email, you must stop by the Scholars Program Office to complete a State of NY Standard Voucher. Failure to complete this step will result in the award not being paid.
- Scholars receiving the $3,500 award for Education Abroad are not eligible to apply for the Internship Award. Scholars may, however, apply to the Summer Scholars and Artists Program as part of the general student population and if accepted will receive a $3,500 stipend that is separate from the Scholars $3,500 Award.
- An eligible Scholar approved for participation in an education abroad program will receive a one-time payment of $3,500 in the form of a check from Binghamton University's Business Office regardless of the amount the student is paying for the Education Abroad experience,
- The payment may or may not coincide with your departure date, so be prepared in case payment is not made prior to departure.
- Note that the payment is not a financial aid award and the payment will not appear on any financial aid documents.
- Tuition and associated costs as well as any other costs incurred in the pursuit of this activity are the responsibility of the participating student.
- Students receiving the award, but not successfully completing a minimum of 3 credit hours will be expected to return the award.