Group bowling at The Lanes
Looking for a fun and affordable location for an event? Bowling at The Lanes in the Union is the perfect venue! Our staff offers the very best customer service and will help you create a customized event that fits your group.
Bowling reservation policies/prices
- $90 for the first hour, $80 an hour for an additional hour
- 8 Lanes
- Special reservation prices on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- Up to 5 people per lane
- Cost includes shoe rental
Event reservation hours
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
noon – 11:30 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday
noon – 6 p.m.
3 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Reservations are available for up to 2 hours during these times. Only one group reservation event per day is allowed.
Special Saturday and Sunday Rates
$100 for the first hour, $80/hour for up to two additional hours Saturday from noon – 3 p.m and Sunday from noon – 3 p.m. for up to three hours.
Prior to booking, please review the following policies. These policies are intended to make your visit and a fun and enjoyable experience.
- A completed Bowling Reservation Request Form should be submitted to Carl Darling, Assistant Director of the Union, in UU-W205 at least seven business days in advance.
- Deposits can be waived for most student and university organizations with Binghamton accounts. Private groups/individuals must submit a $50 deposit at least seven days in advance.
- Balance of fees must be paid three business days in advance of scheduled date of reservation or the event may be canceled. Most student and university organizations with Binghamton accounts can be billed.
- Cancellations must be made at least five business days in advance of scheduled date or a $20 fee will be charged. Any cancellation made with less than 24-hour notice will be assessed a $40 fee.
- Cash or check accepted. Checks payable to: IFR 901108
- Food and drinks: There is a tiled area in the lanes where tables can be placed for food and drink. Refreshments must be confined to the tiled area. Arrangements for tables must be made five days in advance.
- Event rentals include the entire facility.
The following behavior is prohibited in the bowling lanes
- Going over the foul line or down walkways along the lane is prohibited. If the need arises to get a ball or other item from the lane, please notify The Lanes staff to take care of it.
- Putting hands in or around the opening of the ball return. Bowlers should not get their hands between the bowling balls when they are on the ball return rack because a returning ball could cause injury.
- More than one person bowling on a lane at a time.
- Any footwear other than approved bowling shoes on the lanes. Lofting the ball beyond the arrows on the lane.
As a courtesy to The Lanes staff, please clean up any waste. Return all bowling shoes (untied please) to the bowling desk and bowling balls to the ball racks.
Thank you for considering us for your event!