Welcome to The Union!
The focal point of campus and student life is The Union, a place where students — along with faculty, staff, alumni and visitors — can spend time with friends, collaborate on academic and leadership activities, and help to create an inclusive and welcoming campus community.
Centered on bringing students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests together, The Union enhances the social, educational and cultural environment at Binghamton University through support of events, embodying institutional spirit and serving as an inclusive gathering place.
- Serve as a central hub to support student success through learning, services and facilities while supporting a diverse array of programming and activities that foster engagement;
- Promote a sense of University pride and institutional spirit where individuals and communities are celebrated;
- Provide a safe, accessible and inclusive environment for the campus community within a well-maintained facility;
- Collaborate with campus partners and patrons by offering a variety of amenities to support event success including event services, room reservations and event planning.
The building includes:
- Diverse dining options at the MarketPlace
- University Bookstore
- Student Association, student organization and student media offices
- The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development, Center for Civic Engagement, TRiO (Student Support Services and Upward Bound) and the Educational Opportunity Program
- Bowling, billiards and other games
- Post Office, package pick-up and other services
- Multiple lounge spaces, large and small, for use by anyone on campus
- Multiple classrooms
- Ballroom/multipurpose rooms
- Offices of the Dean of Students, other office and building function spaces
UU and UUW
The building is divided into University Union (UU — entrance by bus stop/brain) and University Union West (UUW — entrance by spine/peace quad). There is an Information Desk in the Tillman Lobby staffed by Guest Service Associates who are happy to offer general information, including directions and phone numbers; information for public transportation options; house The Union's lost and found; unlock classrooms, and reserved spaces; offer information regarding events; and help disseminate important information about the University.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 30:
- Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Office location: UUW-205
Tillman Lobby Information Desk: