An international experience will expand your worldview and engage you with the broader business world. Decisions people are making overseas affect your business even if you don't do business outside of the United States.
Students are encouraged to study abroad, at both the bachelor’s and master’s level. We advise you to start early in exploring the international opportunities available through Binghamton University and the entire SUNY system. Because the usual courses to be taken abroad are language and cultural, it is common to undertake this sort of study abroad in the sophomore year, especially in the spring semester.
How can you learn more about study abroad?
- Review the list of AACSB-accredited schools worldwide.
- Explore Binghamton's Office of International Education and Global Initiatives or the SUNY-wide study abroad options for more information about the SOM-accepted study abroad programs.
- Attend study abroad info sessions on campus, the fall and spring study abroad fairs, and schedule an appointment with an Education Abroad advisor.
We encourage all students to take advantage of learning in a different country, with consideration of our requirements to study abroad:
- Students are permitted to take up to 2 upper level business courses while studying
abroad from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
- International students who wish to study abroad in their home country are limited to taking 1 upper level business course from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
- Prior approval for all courses you plan to take abroad is required. Please complete the Petition to Take Courses at Another Institution online.
- Meet with an SOM academic advisor to review the number of credits available for transfer to your degree.
- Depending on the study abroad program you choose, you may be required to fill out and submit additional paperwork. Allow sufficient time to prepare recommendations, transcripts, approvals, a personal statement, etc.
- Respond to registration information sent to you while you are abroad.
Where can you go?
If you wish to take and transfer business courses abroad, you must enroll in an AACSB accredited business school. SOM fosters substantive ties among the world’s leading business schools. Student may apply to the partner universities as a study abroad or exchange student, depending on the space availability and nature of the program.
As a State University of New York (SUNY) campus, Binghamton University offers hundreds of study abroad programs with universities across the globe. As an exchange student, you will be able to retain your financial aid, pay Binghamton tuition while abroad and transfer the credits you earn while studying off campus if you pursuing a program through a SUNY institution.
For more information about the study abroad programs you’re interested in, visit the home SUNY campus’ international programs web site, if the university is not a Binghamton University-affiliated program.
AACSB accredited institutions through Binghamton University
Spain - ESADE Business Summer School
South Korea - Korea University Business School
United Kingdom - Lancaster University
United Kingdom - University of Nottingham (EQUIS)
United Kingdom - University of Edinburgh
SUNY-affiliated AACSB accredited institutions
Australia – University of New South Wales – Plattsburgh (EQUIS)
Australia – University of South Australia – Buffalo State (EQUIS)
Australia - La Trobe University - Oswego
Australia - University of Queensland - Plattsburgh
Australia - Bond University - Plattsburgh
Australia - University of Melbourne - Brockport
Australia - University of Sydney - Brockport
Australia - University of Western Australia - Brockport
Australia - Macquarie University - Brockport
Australia - Deakin University - Stony Brook
Australia - Griffith University - Cortland
Australia - Curtin University - New Paltz
Australia - University of Newcastle - Buffalo State
Australia - Queensland University of Technology - Oswego
China - Peking University - Albany
China - Fudan University - Albany
Denmark - Copenhagen Business School - Stony Brook
Denmark – Aarhus University – Buffalo State
Finland - University of Oulu - Albany
France - KEDGE Business School Semester - Geneseo
Hong Kong - Chinese University of Hong Kong - Stony Brook
Hong Kong - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology - Stony Brook (EQUIS)
Hungary - Corvinus University of Budapest – Oswego (EQUIS)
Ireland - University College Dublin - Oswego
Israel - Tel Aviv University - Albany
Italy - Bocconi University - Albany
Netherlands – Radboud University - Albany
Netherlands - Tilburg University - Albany
Netherlands - University of Groningen - Geneseo
New Zealand - Victoria University of Wellington - New Paltz
New Zealand - University of Canterbury – Brockport
New Zealand - Auckland University of Technology - Oswego
New Zealand - University of Waikato – Oswego
New Zealand - University of Otago - Oswego
Portugal – Study in Portugal Network – Fredonia
South Korea - Hankuk University of Foreign Studies – Oswego
South Korea – Kyungpook National University – Oswego
South Korea - Yonsei University - Albany
South Korea - Sogang University - Geneseo
Taiwan – National Taiwan University – Albany
Thailand – Mahidol University - Brockport
Spain – IQS Barcelona – Farmingdale
Spain - Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - New Paltz
Sweden – Gothenburg University – Albany
Switzerland – Zurich University of Applied Sciences – New Paltz
United Kingdom - University of Hull – Albany
United Kingdom - University of Glasgow - Albany
United Kingdom - City University of London - Brockport
United Kingdom - University of Strathclyde - Brockport
United Kingdom - Kingston University - New Paltz
United Kingdom - Manchester Metropolitan University - Buffalo State