An international experience will expand your worldview and engage you with the broader business world. Decisions people are making overseas affect your business even if you don't do business outside of the United States.
Students are encouraged to study abroad, at both the bachelor’s and master’s level. We advise you to start early in exploring the international opportunities available through Binghamton University and the entire SUNY system. Because the usual courses to be taken abroad are language and cultural, it is common to undertake this sort of study abroad in the sophomore year, especially in the spring semester.
How can you learn more about study abroad?
- Review the list of AACSB-accredited schools worldwide.
- Explore Binghamton's Office of International Education and Global Initiatives or the SUNY-wide study abroad options for more information about the SOM-accepted study abroad programs.
- Attend study abroad info sessions on campus, the fall and spring study abroad fairs, and schedule an appointment with an Education Abroad advisor.
We encourage all students to take advantage of learning in a different country, with consideration of our requirements to study abroad:
- Students are permitted to take up to 2 upper level business courses while studying
abroad from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
- International students who wish to study abroad in their home country are limited to taking 1 upper level business course from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
- Prior approval for all courses you plan to take abroad is required. Please complete the Petition to Take Courses at Another Institution online.
- Meet with an SOM academic advisor to review the number of credits available for transfer to your degree.
- Depending on the study abroad program you choose, you may be required to fill out and submit additional paperwork. Allow sufficient time to prepare recommendations, transcripts, approvals, a personal statement, etc.
- Respond to registration information sent to you while you are abroad.
Where can you go?
If you wish to take and transfer business courses abroad, you must enroll in an AACSB accredited business school. SOM fosters substantive ties among the world’s leading business schools. Student may apply to the partner universities as a study abroad or exchange student, depending on the space availability and nature of the program.
As a State University of New York (SUNY) campus, Binghamton University offers hundreds of study abroad programs with universities across the globe. As an exchange student, you will be able to retain your financial aid, pay Binghamton tuition while abroad and transfer the credits you earn while studying off campus if you pursuing a program through a SUNY institution.
For more information about the study abroad programs you’re interested in, visit the home SUNY campus’ international programs web site, if the university is not a Binghamton University-affiliated program.
Faculty-led business programs through Binghamton University
"Doing Business in Emerging Markets"- Chile
AACSB accredited institutions through Binghamton University
Bilkent University Exchange- Turkey
Lancaster University- UK
University of Edinburgh- UK
Korea University Business School Exchange- South Korea
SUNY-affiliated AACSB accredited institutions
University of Queensland- Australia- Plattsburgh
Monash University- Australia- University of Buffalo
Bond University- Australia- Plattsburgh
University of Melbourne- Australia- Brockport
University of Sydney- Australia- Brockport
Deakin University- Australia- Stony Brook
Griffith University- Australia- Cortland
Curtin University- Australia- New Paltz
University of Newcastle- Australia- Buffalo State
Peking University- China- Albany (exchange program)
Tsinghua University- China- Stony Brook
Chinese University of Hong Kong- Hong Kong- Stony Brook
Copenhagen- Denmark- Albany and Stony Brook
University of Oulu- Finland -Albany
University of College Dublin- Ireland- Oswego
Tel Aviv University- Israel- Albany
Bocconi University- Italy- Albany
Yonsei University- Korea- Albany
Sogang University- Korea- Geneseo
Tilburg University- Netherlands -Albany
Erasmus University Rotterdam- Netherlands -Stony Brook
Auckland University of Technology- New Zealand- Oswego
Victoria University of Willington- New Zealand- New Paltz
University of Canterbury- New Zealand -Brockport
University of Waikato- New Zealand -Oswego
University of Hull- UK -Albany
City University- UK -Brockport
Manchester Metropolitan University- UK -Buffalo State
University of Strathclyde- UK -Brockport
Kingston University- UK -New Paltz