How To Apply

Binghamton is a test-optional university

Binghamton supports SUNY's decision to make SAT/ACT standardized testing optional. For more details, review our Test-Optional FAQ page.

I am a:

  • First Year

    A first-year applicant is someone currently enrolled in high school. If you've taken college-level credits during high school, you're still considered a first-year applicant. If you haven't taken college-level work since high school graduation, you're also a first year. First-year applicants may apply for early action or regular admission decision.


  • Transfer

    A transfer applicant is someone who graduated from high school and has completed (or will have completed) at least one three-credit college course prior to the semester of planned enrollment. 


  • International

    An international applicant is someone who is not a U.S. citizen and who currently holds or will obtain an F or J Visa to study in the United States as a first-year or transfer student.


  • Current / Returning / Non-degree

    A current student is a Binghamton University undergraduate student who wishes to either transfer to another school within the University or obtain a double degree.

    A returning student is someone who has been out of school for three or more consecutive major semesters and wishes to re-enroll in the same program of study.

    A non-degree student (also called non-matriculated or continuing education student) is someone who isn't enrolled in a degree-earning program and is taking courses just to learn, not to earn a degree.

    Learn More

Check the Status of Your Application

Once you've applied, you should regularly check the status of your application.