The Violence, Abuse and Rape Crisis Center is housed in a centrally located but calm, private space on the third floor of Old Johnson Hall where it provides a single place for students — or anyone — to report an incident of sexual violence.
Services provided from the VARCC:
- Sexual assault advocate
- Deputy Title IX coordinator
- Bystander training coordinator
- Office of Student Conduct
- University Police Department, BPD/University Liaison, NYS Investigator (and other jurisdictions)
- Crime Victims Assistance Center (CVAC)
- Counselor specializing in trauma recovery
- Binghamton University Interfaith Council representatives and/or other service providers, etc.
During the pandemic, not all of the offices will staff the center full time, but will rotate through and people will be pulled in as needed so students can meet with them at one time.
- or 607-777-3010
- Beginning Wednesday, May 26, by appointment only
Third floor – Old Johnson Hall