Need assistance with planning your BingFlex or Online courses for fall 2020?
A BingFlex class combines online and face-to-face instruction simultaneously into one class. The class content must be designed intentionally so students in both the classroom and online sections are engaged with equivalent learning experiences.
Students are able to participate in class in different ways:
- as a face-to-face learner (physically present in the classroom)
- as a distance learner (via real-time, video-conferencing or engaging with class materials at a later time)
- or as a flexible learner (for health-related reasons)
- Consult BingFlex Course Design on our Teaching and Learning Resources page.
- Read the BingFlex Course Development Guide.
- Attend a BingFlex Course Development workshop. See our Events page for more information.
- The SUNY Remote Teaching Institute is designed to help faculty prepare for a Fall 2020 semester that may present unique challenges to course design and delivery. The Institute begins on June 22. Registration is now open!
Introduction to Online Teaching at Binghamton University (make sure you are logged into myCourses before clicking this link) is an open access, self-enroll, self-paced organization in myCourses. This course provides on overview of various aspects instructors should consider when designing online courses.
- Attend one of the our Online Course Development workshops. See our Events page for more information.
- Note: New events will be added throughout the summer. We encourage you to join the CLT listserv to stay updated on all our offerings.
Promoting and supporting excellence in student-centered learning for all members of the Binghamton University community.
Technology, multimedia, and audiovisual support for classrooms and courses
Pedagogical support for anyone who teaches at Binghamton University, so courses are engaging and learning is long-lasting
Offering a wide variety of courses (classroom, online, or a blend) in compact time frames
Enhancing students’ learning through tutoring
Support for faculty in meeting their responsibilities in implementing authorized testing accommodations and fulfilling their efforts to accommodate students who need alternate testing times and locations
The two KOR Studios exist as a location for students and faculty to create online video projects in the Panopto video system
Information about our technology-enhanced classrooms, including available technologies and room reservations
Starfish at Binghamton is an online appointment scheduling and early alert communication tool that supports student success.
Synchronous class meetings where participants can see other and share what’s on their screens.