One of your first steps on campus should be to visit the Human Resource Department in the Couper Administration Building so that you can complete all of your basic employee forms. Make sure that you bring a few different types of identification with you (ie. Driver's License AND a Passport, etc.).
- Faculty-Staff Handbook
- BMail: Binghamton University uses Google Apps for Education for our email and calendar.
- myCourses: Binghamton's version of Blackboard Learning Management System
- MyBinghamton (BU Brain/Banner): The University-wide portal for access to class information and grading.
- B-Alert Notifications: Get notified of campus emergency information (ie. weather alerts, etc.)
- Dateline: Binghamton University's daily news briefs and campus-wide announcements. Once you have your Binghamton University email setup, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be subscribed to the Dateline Email News List.
- University Bulletin: Describes policies, processes, procedures and requirements for all academic programs at Binghamton
- InsideBU: The campus's electronic newspaper
- B-Line: Binghamton University's daily news briefs and campus-wide announcements for students
- bMobi: Binghamton University's mobile application for iPhones, iPads, iPods, Blackberries, Androids, and other web-enabled cell phones. Contains campus maps, news, course schedules, events, athletics, videos and much more
- Events Calendar: Binghamton University's event calendar
- University Calendar: Binghamton University's academic calendar. View semester start dates, breaks, holidays and other key dates related to academic study
Other Campus Resources
- Parking & Transportation: Purchase your parking pass and know which lots to park in or learn more about the public transportation options. As Binghamton University employees, you can ride the city and on-campus buses for free using your ID card.
- On-campus Dining: Binghamton University offers a wide variety of dining options to suit everyone's needs on campus.
- Campus Pre-School & Early Childhood Center: Provides care for children 18 months through age of 5 years. A waiting list is maintained and children may be placed on the waiting list any time after birth. There are number of different schedules to choose.
- Print Solutions: In additon to standard color and black & white copies, they offer a variety of prints including banners, posters, poster boards, wraps, clings, certificates, invitations, postcards, newsletters, flyers, table tents, manuals, course materials, and more.
- Campus Recreation: Offering group fitness, FitSpace, personal training, and other wellness services
- Off Campus Internet Services: Binghamton University Telecommunications and Spectrum offers Internet and Digital Phone service to off campus students, faculty, and staff living in the Spectrum Cable Binghamton coverage areas.
- Local and National Discounts for Binghamton University Employees
- The City of Binghamton homepage
- Broome County homepage
- Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin: the local daily newspaper
- Upstate New York Higher Education Recruitment Consortium: A job listing to assist dual career couples
- Greater Binghamton Convention & Visitors Bureau: Provides links and information on attractions and resources in the Binghamton area
- Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Shortline Bus: Rates and schedules for convenient public transportation to New York City
Join the New Faculty Orientation Course in Brightspace for more information and valuable campus resources:
- Login to Brightspace.
- Click Discover in the main navigation bar.
- Select the New Faculty Orientation course from the Featured courses.
- Click Enroll in Course.