There are two simple ways to make an appointment:
- Call us at 607-777-2772 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stop by our office in OO-264 during regular business hours to make an appointment.
Appointment reminders will also be sent through the Secure Online Messaging System. For details, there are yellow Online Communication sheets available at the UCC front desk, or from your counselor.
To help students who are experiencing a crisis or emergency, we provide same-day urgent appointments Monday through Friday from 1 to 4 p.m. Walk-in requests at other times are usually guided to these afternoon urgent appointments, but in some cases may be responded to as soon as a counselor becomes available. Urgent meetings are 30-45 minute sessions for evaluation and support where we provide you with options for treatment and any other available actions that are relevant to your immediate needs.
- Weekdays during the day: please call the Counseling Center at 607-777-2772 or stop in our office for an emergency appointment.
- Life-threatening emergencies: please contact University Police at 911 or 607-777-2222.
- After Hours: If you have a mental health-related crisis that requires immediate attention or consultation after business hours, you may contact the UCC's after hours counselor at 607-777-2772 + press 2
If you are unable to keep your appointment, we ask you to call our office to cancel or reschedule. If you do not keep your appointment, your therapist will contact you to determine your desire to continue in treatment. It is possible that your appointment time for the following session will be given to another student if we do not hear from you at that time.