Lina Begdache, PhD, RDN, CDN, CNS-S, FAND
Health and Wellness Studies
Lina Begdache is an associate professor in the Health and Wellness Studies Division of Binghamton’s Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences. She has a background in nutrition sciences and dietetics, as well as cell and molecular biology, with a concentration in neurosciences.
She is a registered dietitian-nutritionist and a certified nutrition specialist-scholar, as well as a fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Begdache’s research interest is nutrition at the cellular and genetic level, with a special interest in the brain. Her research projects include the impact of nutrition and lifestyle factors on neurobehaviors, mood and mental health.
- ACEND Accredited Dietetic Internship, The Sage Colleges
- Certified Nutrition Specialist-Scholar
- Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
- Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS, American University of Beirut
- MS, SUNY Buffalo
- PhD, Binghamton University
- Nutritional neuroscience
- Diet, sleep, exercise, substance abuse and mental distress
- Customization of diet and lifestyle factors to optimize mental wellbeing
- Gender and different age-groups based on brain maturity
- 2019, Best professor-voted by Binghamton University senior’s class
- 2018, Career Champion- Fleishman Center, Binghamton University
- 2018, Outstanding reviewer- Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- 2018, Certificate of Appreciation- NYS Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2015, Engaged Faculty Fellow for Teaching Excellence
- 2014, Outstanding Dietetic Student-NY State Dietetic Association
- 2014, Recognition Award-Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics