- Application to the DPT program is conducted via the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS.
- Applicants must complete a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrollment.
- All prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to enrollment.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in their undergraduate degree transcript OR a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all prerequisite coursework.
- The Binghamton University DPT program does not require submission of GRE scores.
How to Apply
The Division of Physical Therapy at Binghamton University’s Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. Applicants applying to Binghamton's DPT program will apply online using the PTCAS application. Learn more about PTCAS.
- Completed PTCAS application
- After acceptance, a final transcript is required for enrollment in Binghamton University’s Graduate School
Additional criteria for international students
Per Binghamton University’s Graduate Policy, international students must also provide the following for consideration for admission to a graduate degree program:
- Proof of English proficiency, (such as official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic scores)
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation, such as official bank statements or official scholarship or sponsorship letters, are required
Application Review and Decision Process
The Division of Physical Therapy Admissions Committee is charged with reviewing all applicants to determine if an offer of admission will be extended to an applicant.
Consideration of most applicants will be completed before the final official transcripts are available. Successful applicants will be offered regular admission contingent on meeting all prerequisites including minimum GPA upon completion of undergraduate coursework. All admissions requirements must be met before a student will be permitted to register for fall semester classes.
The Division of Physical Therapy recognizes that applicants can demonstrate their potential for success in more ways than just traditional measures of academic success; therefore, we employ a holistic review process.
The division's admission process is designed to choose students who align with our mission, vision and values. The Binghamton University DPT program believes that the interview process will provide an avenue to gain that insight. Students who have met the prerequisite requirements will be invited for an interview.