Students and parents have a number of loan options, which may be offered as part of your financial aid award offer or “package.” Note: Students must be registered for at least six (6) credits to receive loan funding and must maintain six (6) or more credits of enrollment to avoid going into repayment of loans.
There are two kinds of education loans. Federal loans and alternative (or private) loans:
- Federal Direct Loans (undergraduate and graduate students)
- Federal Nursing Loan (undergraduate students)
- Graduate PLUS Loan (graduate students)
- Parent PLUS Loan (parents of undergraduate, dependent students)
- Perkins Loan (no longer available)
- Private Loans (undergraduate and graduate students)
How to Accept Your Loans
- Log into BU BRAIN (login instructions on webpage).
- At the Main Menu, click on the Financial Aid tab.
- Select Award and appropriate aid year.
- Go to Award Overview to VIEW and/or PRINT your award offer.