Types of Loans Available
Students and parents have a number of loan options, which may be offered as part of your financial aid award offer or “package.” Please note that students must be registered for at least 6 credits to receive loan funding, and must maintain 6 or more credits of enrollment to avoid going into repayment of loans.
There are two kinds of education loans. Federal loans and alternative (or private) loans:
- Federal Direct Loans (undergraduate and graduate students)
- Federal Parent (PLUS) Loans (parents of undergraduate, dependent students)
- Federal Perkins Loans (undergraduate students)
- Federal Nursing Loans (undergraduate students)
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan (graduate students)
- Alternative (Private) Loans (undergraduate and graduate students.
How to Accept Your Loans
- Login to BU Brain (login instructions on webpage).
- At the Main Menu, click on the Financial Aid tab.
- Select Award and appropriate aid year.
- Go to Award Overview to VIEW and/or PRINT your award offer.
- Ensure aid appears on the bill.