New and reenrolling students are required to check in with ISSS using the New Student Check-in Form. On that form, you will provide information to ISSS on your plans for the current semester:
- Enroll in classes in person at Binghamton University
- Enroll in classes online from outside the United States
- Defer your admission to a future semester
Students enrolling in classes in person
You must complete this form as soon as possible after you enter the United States. If you do not complete this form and provide copies of all immigration documents, the ISSS will not be able to update your SEVIS record and your immigration status may be at risk.
How to submit the information
- Create pdf (preferred) or jpeg files of these documents:
- Passport biographical page
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-20 or DS-2019. Be sure to sign your I-20 or DS-2019 before scanning a copy
- I-94 record (Download your current I-94)
- Gather contact information for a parent or other close family member/friend who the university should contact in case of an emergency. If this person lives in the United States, you will list them as a “U.S. Emergency Contact” on the form. If they live outside the United States, you should select “Foreign Emergency Contact” on the form.
- Complete the New Student Check-in Form.
You will receive an email from ISSS when your form is approved.
Students enrolling online or deferring admission
If you are taking all online classes from outside the United States or if you have deferred your admission, you must complete New Student Check-in Form to inform ISSS of that decision. No additional documents are necessary at this time. You will receive an email from ISSS when your form is approved.
Additional emergency contact information
After you arrive at Binghamton University, you can change the emergency contact information or provide ISSS with information for a different contact type by submitting the Emergency Contacts e-form. Note - only one emergency contact per type is allowed.