Authenticator Browser Extension
Follow along with this video tutorial, or via the steps below:
Setting up Two-Factor-Authentication does not not require that you change any existing Binghamton University passwords. If you do not wish to change your password(s), you may fully ignore any options or prompts implying that you should do so.
Add the Authenticator extension to your selected browser https://authenticator.cc/
Note: This will not work for Safari.
- Go to https://password.binghamton.edu/forgot_otp
- Enter your username.
- From the dropdown provided, select an email address or phone number to which you would
like your Security Code sent.
- Check the email address or the phone number you selected in the previous step, and
look for an email or SMS text message with a 6-digit Single Use Security Code
- Enter the 6-digit Security Code received in the previous step into the space provided.
- You have now successfully authenticated into the password portal.
- Select the Create New Token button.
*You do not need to change your password to create a token.
- Fill out the form.
- Select Default (TOTP)
- Select your device
- Add date of birth
- Click on the Authenticator extension.
- Select the Scan QR Code option
- Use Authenticator to scan the QR code.
- Input your six-digit code into the One-Time-Password verification.