Setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Follow along with this video tutorial, or via the steps below:
You can start by downloading the Google Authenicator app:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2
- iPhone or iPad: https://apps.apple.com/app/google-authenticator/id388497605
Then, follow the steps below to use the default method.
- Go to https://password.binghamton.edu/forgot_otp
- Enter your username.
- From the dropdown provided, select an email address or phone number to which you would
like your Security Code sent.
- Check the email address or the phone number you selected in the previous step, and
look for an email or SMS text message with a 6-digit One-Time Security Code
- Enter the 6-digit Security Code received in the previous step into the space provided.
- You have now successfully authenticated into the password portal.
- Select the Create New Token button.
*You DO NOT need to change your password to create a token.
- Fill out the form.
Select Default (TOTP)
b) Select your Device
c) Add Date of Birth
- Use your authenticator application to scan the QR Code.
- Input your new six-digit One-Time Password into the One-Time-Password verification area.
- You can now use Google Authenticator to acquire your six-digit 2FA code each time you log into CAS, the Central Authentication Service.