Setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
There are a number of ways to set up 2FA.
You can start by downloading the Google Authenicator app:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2
- iPhone or iPad: https://apps.apple.com/app/google-authenticator/id388497605
Then, follow the steps below to use the default method.
- Go to https://password.binghamton.edu/cas
- Log in using your username and password.
- Select the Create New Token button. (A token or a password are the same in this process. They are both six-digit
*You DO NOT need to change your password to create a token.
- Fill out the form.
Select Default (TOTP)
b) Select your Device
c) Add Date of Birth
- Use your authenticator application to scan the QR Code.
- Input your new six-digit One-Time Password into the One-Time-Password verification area.
- You can now use Google Authenticator to acquire your six-digit 2FA code each time you log into CAS, the Central Authentication Service.