Authy is an application that installs on your selected device and produces a 6-digit code for you to use in Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
Visit https://authy.com/download/ and download the application for your device.
- Install Authy on your selected device.
- Input your phone number and email address.
- Click the + to add an account.
- Go to https://password.binghamton.edu/forgot_otp
- Enter your username.
- From the dropdown provided, select an email address or phone number to which you would
like your Security Code sent.
- Check the email address or the phone number you selected in the previous step, and
look for an email or SMS text message with a 6-digit single use Security Code
- Enter the 6-digit One-Time Security Code received in the previous step into the space
- You have now successfully authenticated into the password portal.
- Select the Create New Token button.
- Fill out the form.
- Select Default (TOTP)
- Select your device
- Add date of birth
- Copy the text under the QR Code to your clipboard.
- Paste text from clipboard into Authy and click Add Account
- Add a name for your connection.
- Select a key color.
- Select six-digit under token length.
- Click Save.
- You can now generate six-digit codes for your One-Time Password (OTP).
- Input your six-digit code into the One-Time-Password verification area and click Submit.