About the Studio
Located in the Bartle Library Information Commons, the Recording Studio (LS-1544) provides students, faculty, and staff with hardware and software to create, edit, and share audio and video content for purposes including class projects, course introductions, presentations, podcasts, conducting oral history interviews, and other educational and professional purposes.
With a flip of the switch, the equipment in the studio is set up and ready to use!
- Computer with Panopto software for video editing along with:
- Stationary pan-tilt-zoom camera
- 2 backdrops (white and green)
- Presentation remote
- Overhead shotgun microphone
- Video monitor/teleprompter
- DVD/VHS combo deck for digitizing media
- Studio lighting
- A computer set up with software for audio recording and editing along with:
- Two microphones with a flexible arm
- Reaper and Audacity software
- Soundproofing foam on walls
- Headphones available for check-out at the Bartle circulation desk
To reserve the studio, visit our reservations page. Pick up the key to the studio at the Bartle circulation desk.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can use the space, schedule a consultation with a member of the digital scholarship team.
The staff at the library does not provide Panopto support. To learn more about Panopto or for additional support and training, contact the University Center for Training and Development. For any other support needed while using the studio, visit the Reader Services desk.
Step 1: Turn on light switch 1
Step 2: Turn on light switch 2
Step 3: Power on the computer
Step 4: Log in with PODS username/password
Step 5: Open Panopto from the desktop
Step 6: Log in with PODS username/password
Step 7: Select desired folder
Step 8: Add a name in the NAME tab
Step 9: Change video to “AV Bridge CONFERENCE”
Step 10: Change Audio to “Speakerphone (AV Bridge CONFERENCE)”
Step 11: Use the Joystick to position the camera correctly.
- Up/Down/Left/Right Changes angle
- Turn the knob changes the zoom
Step 12: Adjust room furniture according to your needs
Step 13: Pull slide clicker out of pouch and plug into computer
Step 14: When ready, click Record
Step 15: When finished, click STOP. (Use PAUSE if you need a break)
Step 16: Click UPLOAD
Step 17: When finished uploading, shutdown computer
Step 18: Turn off light switch 2
Step 19: Turn off light switch 1
Step 20: Close the door fully
Step 21: Return the key