Bahgat Sammakia was employed by IBM Endicott from 1984 until 1998, and held various management positions, including managing the thermal and mechanical analysis groups, the surface science group, the chemical lab, the site technical assurance group and his last position as manager of development for organic packaging in the IBM Microelectronics Division. Sammakia holds seven U.S. patents and 12 IBM technical disclosures; he has published over 50 technical papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings and has contributed to three books on natural convection heat transfer and electronics packaging.
- Vice President for Research
- Director of the Small Scale Systems Integration and Packaging (S3IP) Center
- Interim President of the SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- BS, University of Alexandria
- MS, PhD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Mechanical engineering
Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities