What ensembles do you offer?
- Vocal Ensembles: Harpur Chorale, Treble Chorus, Chamber Singers, Opera Workshop
- Instrumental Ensembles: Symphony Orchestra, Wind Symphony, Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Studio Band, Nukporfe African Drum and Dancing Ensemble
- Small Ensembles: Jazz Combos, Percussion Ensemble, Flute Ensemble, Low Brass Ensemble, and others
What classes do you offer?
- Music theory and musicianship
- Music history, musicology, and ethnomusicology
- Vocal Performance classes: studio voice class, vocal repertoire classes, diction classes, vocal pedagogy
- Composition, songwriting, and production
- Jazz in American Music; US Popular Music
- Music cultures: Far East and Asia; Africa, Caribbean, and Latin America; Western Classical
- Other topics that vary by semester
What do you offer lessons in?
- Piano, organ and harpsichord
- All orchestral instruments
- All wind symphony instruments
- Most standard jazz ensemble instruments
Can I take music lessons, join ensembles, and join classes if I'm not a music major or minor?
Yes! Music lessons on a variety of instruments and voice, as well as all ensembles and many of our class offerings, are available to you even if you’re not a music student.
Can I take lessons if I am a beginner?
Sometimes. We offer a voice class and a keyboard class for beginners. We’re not always able to accommodate beginners with other instruments. It is best to email email@example.com to get more information.
What if I need an instrument?
Students are generally expected to provide their own instruments, but we do own a small number of instruments to be borrowed for those accepted into ensemble programs on specialized instruments, or to those taking instrumental methods courses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and solutions.