Join us for Summer Orientation! We understand that this year is a little different, but we have some great ways for you to get acquainted with Binghamton University before you arrive in the fall. Your Orientation experience will encompass many aspects and take place online throughout the entire summer. Make sure you are following all the items on your Orientation checklist.
What is the Orientation Experience 2021?
Starting in early May, you will begin to gain access to the following:
- Orientation Checklist: A convenient list of important to-do’s meant to guide you through your summer, located on my.binghamton.edu. New items will be added the 1st and 15th of May through August.
- BUZZ Emails: Weekly emails loaded with resources and opportunities to take advantage of here at Binghamton. These are sent by Admissions, so keep an eye out in your email!
- Virtual Orientation: A virtual meeting with your Orientation Advisor (see dates below).
- Academic advising materials: A series of documents and information to prepare you for your advising and registration, located on your Orientation Checklist. Make sure to complete these early to move onto your next step!
- Virtual Academic advising and registration appointment: A virtual academic advising and course registration appointment (available in June after completion of advising material).
- Virtual Social Events: Opportunities to connect with current and incoming students through virtual social events (calendar of dates and events coming soon).
- New Student Connection Days: In addition to your Virtual Orientation, you will have the opportunity to join us in-person and learn about campus, see the residential community you will be living in, and meet other new students! (Dates and schedules TBD, more information to come!)
Sign up for a virtual Orientation session
All newly admitted students who have paid their admission deposit will have access to the Orientation checklist starting in early May. The first item to complete is to register for a virtual Orientation session. These dates are offered throughout the months of June and July and are specific to the school to which you were admitted. If you don't see the Orientation checklist when you log into myBinghamton by May 31, 2020, contact our office so we may assist you either over the phone (607-777-2878) or through email (email@example.com). If you have any trouble registering for Orientation, contact our office at the phone number above for assistance.
Family members are welcome to view our Virtual Family Orientation program that will be rolled out in June. Visit our Family Orientation page for further information.
Students may also register for an Orientation date by going to the Orientation registration page, following the five-step process, and submitting their reservation. Here, you can also register any family members that you wish to have access to the virtual family program.
Summer 2021 dates
All transfer virtual Orientation sessions take place via Zoom over the course of approximately one and half hour.
We strongly encourage students to attend an Orientation session with us. You will have the opportunity to meet a current student as well as some of your future classmates. If you cannot attend one of the dates below, you must contact New Student Programs to discuss your options (607-777-2878).
- June 17 (Harpur College, Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and Watson College of Engineering)
- June 18 (Harpur College, College of Community and Public Affairs, and School of Management)
- June 22 (Harpur College, College of Community and Public Affairs, and School of Management)
- June 25 (Harpur College, Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and Watson College of Engineering)
- July 5 (Harpur College)
Sign Up for an Optional New Student Connection Day
In addition to your Virtual Orientation, you will have the opportunity to join us in-person and learn about campus, see the residential community you will be living in, and meet other new students! (Dates and schedules TBD, more information will be posted here in the coming weeks)
To better prepare for your academic advising and course registration appointment that will take place in June, the Academic Advising offices have developed a series of online videos and digital documents designed to aid in your academic success and to assist in developing your first semester college schedule. Visit your Orientation Checklist after you register for a virtual Orientation session to complete the academic advising material. These are absolutely essential steps in order to maximize the benefits of academic advising appointments and get the best possible academic schedule during your course registration.
Virtual academic advising and course registration appointments
Students will be registering for classes during academic advising and course registration appointments. This process of signing up for an appointment varies from college to college, so follow the prompts from that office as noted in the academic advising material on your Orientation Checklist.
Virtual social events
Throughout the months of June and July, New Student Programs will be putting out opportunities for new students to connect virtually in fun and creative ways. Some events include Zoom Trivia, Virtual Escape Rooms, and Speed Friending! For a full calendar of events, please check back in June.