Our Transfer Family Orientation experience for Summer 2023 will deliver important information that most parents and family members want to know before their student arrives on campus in the Fall. Content has been developed specifically to create meaningful connections and share ways that you can support your students in making the most of their time as undergraduate students utilizing all Binghamton University has to offer and successfully completing their degrees.
If you have any questions regarding our Transfer Family Orientation, please contact our New Student Programs Office by phone at 607-777-2878 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Transfer Family Orientation 2023 Experience?
Your Transfer Family Orientation experience has a few components:
- BUZZ Emails: Weekly emails loaded with resources and opportunities for you as family members to engage with campus. These are sent by Admissions, so keep an eye out in your email!
- Orientation Session: An in-person, 1-day session where you will hear about important campus resources, meet administrators, and begin making connections as part of our Bearcat Family. See dates below.
- “Becoming a Bearcat” Podcast Series: A podcast series developed specifically for new students and their family members to supplement their Orientation experience with more information and personal stories shared from current students. Take a look at the Podcast Website for more information and a link to listen!
- Officially join the Bearcat Family!: Our Parent and Family Programs Office is your go-to place for any information you are looking for and if you would like to stay involved with Binghamton University. Join the Bearcat Family to stay up-to-date on campus events and news!
Summer 2023 Orientation Dates
All newly admitted students who have paid their admissions deposit will receive an email to their Binghamton University email when our registration system is available, beginning in early May. Our in-person, 1-day Orientation dates are offered in June and are specific to the school to which they were admitted (see dates below). The Family Orientation program runs concurrently to the Student Orientation program, therefore whichever session date your student selects for themselves will be the date of your Family Orientation session.
Only students will have access to this registration system. Please work with your student to coordinate which date works best for all who would like to attend. Family members may only attend a session where their student will be present.
If your student has any trouble registering for Orientation, please contact our office at 607-777-6393 or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
|Session Date||Academic Colleges|
|June 16||Colleges TBD|
|June 20||Colleges TBD|
|June 22||Colleges TBD|
Family Orientation Session Information
About Family Orientation
The Family Orientation program has many presentations and activities over the course of one day designed specifically to answer any questions you may have as a family member of a new Binghamton Bearcat. We hope you’ll learn about how your student can be successful at Binghamton University and all we have to offer. In order to make the most of your time at Orientation, plan on attending all components of the program. The program begins with check-in early in the morning at 8:00AM and will conclude in the early evening around 4:00PM. All students and families will receive their own detailed Orientation schedule upon checking in. Below are some highlights of the Family Orientation program:
- Residential Life and Housing
- Campus Safety
- Health and Mental Wellness
- Meal Plans
- Financial Services
- Student Academic Success
Lunch at Orientation
Lunch will be held on campus in the MarketPlace. Lunch will be on us for students, however guests will need to cover their own cost, so be sure to bring credit cards with you.
If you are staying the night before and/or after the program, you can visit a list of local hotels and motels close to Binghamton University, as well as a list of local restaurants - Johnson City, Vestal, Binghamton, Endicott, and Endwell are the closest towns/cities to campus. We are always happy to provide recommendations, so please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions at 607-777-6393!
Family Orientation Program Cost
Orientation for students is covered under the New Student Fee in their first semester tuition and fees. Family Orientation is $20 per guest. You may add as many guests as you would like.
Please ensure your email address is put in correctly during registration - this is how we will directly communicate with you as a family member. If you believe your email address is incorrect in your reservation or you have not received a confirmation email immediately after registering, please contact our office so we may assist you either over the phone at 607-777-2878 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.