Off-campus Housing Information

Make the most of living off campus

Below you will find extensive resource for students who currently live off campus and/or those thinking of moving off campus. 

Local area housing database

To assist current students, faculty and staff with their housing search, Off Campus Programs and Services provides a database that contains apartments and rooms for rent, as well as a roommate registry. The housing and roommate search features are available to the Binghamton University community through the use of their University email.

To assist students with finding off-campus housing, Off Campus Programs and Services works with a third party vendor, RentCollegePads, to aid in your housing and roommate search. The database's search features are only available to the Binghamton University community through the use of their University email.

Landlords interested in being a part of the database of off-campus housing options near Binghamton University should visit the List With Us page for more information.

Binghamton University employees do not approve, inspect, or supervise the premises described, nor does the University become party to housemate/subletter/landlord/tenant matters.


Please note: Off Campus Programs and Services does not investigate, endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of the information provided in the listing, the condition of the accommodation, or the suitability or performance of either the lister or any prospective tenant. Binghamton University shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by any individual or entity arising out of or relating to the listings. Binghamton University shall not be deemed to be a party, and shall have no responsibility or obligation to enforce such agreement.

Code Enforcement

Property maintenance and code compliance: The City of Binghamton Code Enforcement Department responds to complaints and provides enforcement services in relation to the exterior and interior condition of buildings. Students living in off-campus housing can contact Code Enforement with concerns regarding safety and property maintenance.

To submit a service request or complaint: Call 607-772-7010 or submit a request online.

Moving off campus? Learn how Code Enforcement can assist before you sign your lease.

Forms and information

Off Campus Programs and Services has plenty of information to assist you as you prepare to move off campus. We can also help you if you already live off campus and have questions. Check out our forms and information page to answer any questions you might have.

Renters insurance 

While Off Campus Programs and Services does not recommend any one insurance company to deal with, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that students living off campus obtain renters insurance. Renters insurance will cover a loss of property in case of fire, flood, theft, etc. Contact any insurance company to obtain this valuable resource.

Trulia guides

Educate yourself about real estate processes, including renting, buying and moving.

  • Read articles written by experts
  • Comment and start a discussion
  • Ask questions and get free advice