What is Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?
It is a formal document that explains what VA entitlement you possess through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
How Do I Get a COE?
This option is available for active-duty, veteran and dependent Ch.33 Post 9/11 GI Bill recipients only. You must register for a Premier account through Ebenefits, which is a free account. You must have the Premier Ebenefits account otherwise it will not populate the COE for viewing/printing.
You may print off a copy of your COE by:
• Logging onto eBenefits (https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage)
• On the “Welcome” page, select the “Manage Your Benefits” option at the bottom
• Under the “Manage Benefits” option, select the “Status Tracking” option
• In the “Education” block, you should see a link for the benefit you are eligible for
• Select the “Enrollment Status” Link (Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill, etc.)
• Print the page entitled “Education Enrollment Status” and submit it to the Office of Veteran and Military Services.
You may obtain a copy of your COE by:
• Go to the GI Bill Website (www.va.gov/education/)
• Select the “Submit a Question” option
• If you have an existing account, log in
• If not, you will need to use the “Sign up” link to establish an account
• Once you are logged in, select the “Ask a Question” tab at the top
• For subject, put “GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility”
• For question, put in something like “I am requesting a duplicate copy of my GI Bill® Certificate of Eligibility be mailed to me.
• Product is “GI Bill®”
• Category is the benefit you are eligible for
• Under the benefit you are eligible for, select eligibility
• Submit your request.
• A duplicate Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you.
This option is available for federal Department of Veterans Affairs education benefit recipients. Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have copy mailed to you. VA processing time is 6 - 8 weeks.
How often do I submit a COE?
A COE must be sbmitted each academic year.
How do I submit my COE?
Submit a COE via BU's secure submission portal: https://my.binghamton.edu/app/campus_life/enrollmentCertification.
NOTE:You must be registered for the term to access the protal and submit a COE.
‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.va.gov/education/."