To be eligible to transfer to EOP at Binghamton, you must have been admitted through your current college's or university's opportunity program (i.e., College Discovery, EOP, HEOP or SEEK). Interested students can submit an application through the Common or SUNY Application.
- If you currently attend a SUNY community college that doesn't offer EOP, you will need to send an email to email@example.com to find out your eligibility.
- All applicants are required to submit the EOP Transfer Verification form. You may be asked to submit financial documentation for review.
Admissions decisions are made by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
EOP Transfer Orientation
Due to the unprecedented changes we are currently experiencing with COVID-19, EOP at Binghamton University will not be offering a traditional EOP transfer orientation during the summer.
This year we will connect with fall 2020 EOP transfers through digital means. Please make sure that you are looking at and responding to any outreach that you receive from our office.
EOP transfers are welcome to participate in the university wide orientations offered in June. Students can see this link below more information.
EOP orientations will allow for transfer students to:
- Assist with registration and course selection
- Introduce them to the EOP staff and
- Ascertain if they have access to technology or or are in need of assistance
Transfer Class/Course Registration
Registration for the fall 2020 semester begins on June 17th, 2020. Once their pre-orientation checklist has been completed, EOP transfer students will:
- Be contacted by Harpur Academic Advisors to set up appointments for FACULTY advising. Here transfers will be able to review transcripts and degree works to ensure that all relevant courses have transferred and have been applied to their degree requirements.
- Be contacted via phone by the EOP office to set up an appointment in order to officially
register for fall 2020 classes. Students will register with their assigned EOP counselor
Appointments will be available on the following dates.
- June 17th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- June 19th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- June 23rd (if needed)
- June 26th (if needed)
Students are encouraged to sign up for a Zoom account and can see the link below for instructions on how to do this.
To ensure an expedient course registration process students should submit their health and immunization forms to the Decker Student Health Services Center as soon as possible.
Note: Submission of this material is in accordance with NYS Public Health Laws, and ensures continued fall class enrollment.
Transfer students may also need to get TB/Meningitis screenings and these are offered at the Decker Student Health Services Center. Students will be charged for this service. EOP will not cover this cost.
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
At this time the fall 2020 schedule of classes is not available due to system updates. Transfer will be able to view the fall class schedule by the first week of June. Transfers are also welcome to contact their EOP counselor prior to their registration appointment with any questions.
Transfer students should have the following available:
Due to orientation being an online process this year, transfers will need to upload all of their information to help facilitate a smoother advising and registration process. They should have the following documents readily available:
- Copies of college transcripts
- Copy of High School transcript and AP scores
- Updated health and immunization records (these can also be transferred from your previous school).
- Photo to upload for Binghamton ID
Fall 2020 Housing
Transfer students will have the opportunity to move into their assigned fall housing before the majority of the university students return in the fall. Students can find out about housing sign up at the link below.
Anyone concerned with how the university will handle social distancing guidelines due to COVID-19 should visit the link below: