Due to COVID-19 the Tutorial Center is closed until further notice.
The Educational Opportunity Program's (EOP) Tutorial Center is a CRLA certified center that is designed to promote and support EOP student academic success through the provision of tutorial and coaching services and resources.
Location: EOP/SSS Tutorial Center (UU 263)
Ryan Mead, Academic Coordinator
The mission of the EOP Tutorial Center is to promote and facilitate tutorial and mentoring services based on:
- Assistance in specific courses and disciplines that will help in raising the academic achievement of the learner.
- The development of time management strategies, ways to avoid procrastination, reading and note-taking skills, test preparation, avoiding test anxiety, and mnemonics.
- The knowledge and communication of resources across Binghamton University.
- Active and empathetic listening, questioning and critical thinking.
- Empathizing with the learner yet challenging them through high expectations.
- The academic, professional, moral and philosophical growth and development of the learner.
Tutorial Center Workshops