The Educational Opportunity Program's (EOP) Tutorial Center is a CRLA certified center that is designed to promote and support EOP student academic success through the provision of tutorial and coaching services and resources.
Fall 2020 Office Hours:
Location: EOP/SSS Tutorial Center (UU 263)
Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Phone: (607) 777-4062
Ryan Mead, Academic Coordinator
Phone: (607) 777-6867
Note: Once the University moves to 100% online modality at Thanksgiving, the Tutorial Center will be closed until the Spring 2021 semester. Tutoring services will remain available until the close of the semester (December 10, 2020.)
The mission of the EOP Tutorial Center is to promote and facilitate tutorial and mentoring services based on:
- Assistance in specific courses and disciplines that will help in raising the academic achievement of the learner.
- The development of time management strategies, ways to avoid procrastination, reading and note-taking skills, test preparation, avoiding test anxiety, and mnemonics.
- The knowledge and communication of resources across Binghamton University.
- Active and empathetic listening, questioning and critical thinking.
- Empathizing with the learner yet challenging them through high expectations.
- The academic, professional, moral and philosophical growth and development of the learner.
EOP/SSS Academic Series
Wednesday Workshops Throughout the Semester
|Sept 02||Time Management|
|Sept 16||College Reading Tips|
|Oct 14||Note Taking|
|Oct 28||Learn from Failure|
|Nov 11||Ace Examinations|
Flight procrastination using the Pomodoro Technique, and no phone to distract you
|Sept 09||7:00PM - 10:00PM|
|Sept 23||7:00PM - 10:00PM|
|Oct 07||7:00PM - 10:00PM|
|Oct 21||7:00PM - 10:00PM|
|Nov 04||7:00PM - 10:00PM|