At PAF, we are committed to assisting our clients with their cultural resource management (CRM) needs while providing high quality precontact and historic surveys and research. Our mission includes a combination of compliance, research, education, and outreach:
- Provide federal, state, local, and private groups within the Eastern US with professional archaeological surveys in compliance with all applicable state and federal legislation.
- Produce scholarly research that enhances the professional visibility of our staff, faculty, students, and university within the local community, region, and nation.
- Train archaeologists (undergraduates and graduates) to be field and research specialists within a cultural resource management framework.
- Offer an opportunity for training and support to individuals interested in cultural resource management as a career or as an enhancement to an academic career.
- Practice "Public Archaeology" through community programs, collaboration with Indigenous communities, and preservation initiatives.