Urban Archeology Corps Summer 2023 Program
The Public Archaeology Facility, in conjunction with the National Park Service, is recruiting 10 Albany-area high school students for a program in Kinderhook, New York. This program will focus on archeological site excavation and preservation at Martin Van Buren National Historic Site.
We are looking for motivated high school students interested in participating in this archeological program. In this program, you will have the opportunity to:
· Learn basic excavation techniques while participating in archeological site investigations.
· Document archeological site conditions.
· Help identify and preserve cultural materials discovered during the project.
· Aid park staff in the creation of outreach materials to share investigation results with the general public.
· Learn about cultural resources, site management, and preservation in the National Parks.
The program will run from June 26-30, 2023. Participants will receive payment of $15/hour for one 40-hour week. Daily transportation to the site (from a centralized location) will be provided. To apply, go to: https://forms.gle/qv71fvvJAMRC8B2E9
If you have questions about the UAC summer program, contact:
Claire Horn, Archaeologist, Public Archaeology Facility , firstname.lastname@example.org / 607-777-4786.