The Union employs close to 100 student staff each year, all of whom play an important role in providing the services and amenities that support out-of-classroom student activities and experiences.
The Union hires friendly, dependable and enthusiastic students who want to be part of a dynamic team committed to serving our customers. All student employees must be responsible, punctual and cooperative. Students must be able to work their assigned schedule as well as attend all mandatory orientation and training programs.
Job opportunities in the Union include Bowling and Billiards attendants, Bowling Mechanic, Fine Arts Building John Arthur Café attendants, Guest Service Associates, Event Service Associates and University-wide Events Security Staff
All student employees at the Union must:
- Be a current Binghamton University full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0 GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism to all patrons
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, evaluations, and personal and professional development opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for the Union and Binghamton University as a whole, providing accurate information involving campus resources
How To Apply
The Union's main hiring process usually takes place in March/April for the following academic year. At that time, students will be notified on B-Line and through advertising around campus. The link to the application will be provided on all advertisements.