Applying to the Management PhD Program
You must apply to the Management PhD program through the Graduate School at Binghamton University.
Requirements for Admission
- One official transcript of all prior college work. Typically, applicants should have a GPA of at least 3.2 in undergraduate work and 3.5 in graduate work. The average GPA for those admitted to the program is 3.71.
- Three letters of recommendation from people acquainted with you.
- A resume detailing your educational and work experience.
- A personal statement describing your career goals.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. International applicants - TOEFL with a minimum score of 600 (paper), 250 (CBT), 100 (IBT), 7.5 (IELTS).
Average GMAT and TOEFL Scores For Admitted Students
Students admitted into the doctoral program typically have a minimum GMAT score of 670. While the GRE will be accepted, the GMAT is strongly preferred.
If applying with a GRE score, applicants typically need a near perfect score in the quantitative section (95 percent or better), and at least 80 percent in the verbal and analytical sections of the exam.
The average TOEFL score was 625. If you have received a degree from a university where English is the medium of instruction, TOEFL/IELTS is not required.
All students admitted into the PhD program will be offered a research or teaching assistantship that includes a full tuition scholarship and a stipend. The assistantships will be renewed each year, for a maximum of four years, conditional on satisfactory performance, as determined by a member of the PhD program faculty.