Binghamton University's School of Management values the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our graduate students. We believe they enhance the overall experience and curriculum of our programs and open us and other students up to new considerations and ideas.
Our world-class faculty is dedicated to helping students enhance vital skills such as critical thinking and effective communication, building the confidence needed to support future career goals.
Our graduate programs provide motivated individuals from all over the globe with the necessary skills, experiences and insights to emerge among the future leaders of business.
Deemed the "public ivy," our internationally recognized university is honored to have received eight U.S. national awards for internationalizing the campus and its coursework.
Wherever you are from, we are confident you'll feel at home here at Binghamton University.
Graduate program options
Our programs are carefully designed to help you save both time and money on your academic journey.
• Four-Semester MBA option - available to students of all undergraduate majors
• One-Year MBA option (for non-business majors) - available to students with prerequisite coursework in statistics and economics
• One-Year MBA option (for business majors) - available to students who have earned a bachelor's degree in business or accounting from an AACSB-accredited school within the last five years
• MS Accounting program - available to students with or without an undergraduate accounting degree, with an optional concentration available in taxation
We believe that learning doesn't just happen in the classroom. By providing high-impact, experiential learning opportunities, our students are able to develop the hands-on skills needed for their future career before they graduate.
- Create a comprehensive media campaign for Zenith, one of the largest media marketing agencies in the country, in the Strategic Media Planning course.
- Consult with regional and local organizations on strategic leadership and change management practices in the Strategic Leadership course.
- Develop industry reports with a team of equity research analysts in New York City through the Jefferies Externship Program.
- Analyze supply chain efficiency and make management recommendations for real-world companies like Mazda Motors in a supply chain management project course.
- Manage the Binghamton University Investment Fund portfolio worth $500,000 and gain invaluable experience in following the financial markets and valuing companies.
There is a plethora of opportunities here that go beyond just your classes, and I think getting involved with them is a vital part of your overall education. And these opportunities can then lead to even more opportunities.
Karan Sharma, MBA '18
School of Management Career Services
Our professional development courses cover topics that include job search strategies, network development and interview skills, and give students the opportunity to interact with employers and real-world professionals.
The School of Management Career Services office works closely with international students to ensure they are prepared for job interviews within the United States.
- One-on-one resume critiques
- Mock interviews
- Career advising
- Numerous events with the Big 4 Accounting firms
- Industry visits to New York City, Washington D.C., Boston and the U.S. west coast
All students are encouraged to check the SOM Career Services events calendar daily for important announcements, workshops and events.
The Graduate School
For more information on Binghamton University admission requirements or to begin your application, visit the Graduate School website.
Office of International Students and Scholars Services
Binghamton's Office of International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) staff connects new and current international students and helps them make a comfortable transition to the University. Staff members also provide continuous immigration guidance and support services throughout the duration of an international student's program.
International Student Orientation
International student orientation is designed to introduce you to the Binghamton University Campus and to provide you with answers you may have as a new student. During International Student Orientation, you will receive information on: U.S. immigration regulations, health insurance, course registration and cultural adjustment.
Learn more about international student orientation.
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Off-Campus College
- Events with ISSS
- Binghamton University Cultural Student Groups
- Binghamton University JFK-Binghamton Bus Service
For more information on the School of Management's graduate programs, contact:
Director, SOM Master's Program Admissions and Student Services