Where are they now?
Stay Involved with Mentor Match!
What is Mentor Match? An online platform connecting Binghamton students with alumni — helping to prepare them for a successful future, navigate their careers and, perhaps, explore new career paths.
Open to all students and alumni from all class years, programs and schools, Mentor Match gives mentees exclusive access to a robust network of alumni mentors who are eager to share their wisdom and advice about professional life after graduation.
Mentors can connect with mentees anywhere — from just down the street or around the globe.
From students to alumni
The Watson School collaborates with Binghamton University's Alumni Office while offering additional Watson specific alumni support and care. We invite you to stay engaged with the Watson School by following us on Facebook and LinkedIn and by supporting our career and alumni events.
You can update your contact, work, or location information at any time by visiting the B-Connected Alumni Directory through the Binghamton University Alumni Association.
Your Binghamton lifetime email address
There is no cost to take advantage of this Alumni Association benefit, and you get all of the functions and features that are currently available within Gmail, but with an "@binghamton.edu" address.
You can have mail forwarded to a non-Gmail email address by following these steps:
- Open your @binghamton.edu account. At the top right, click the gear.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address in the "Forwarding" section.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to.
- For your security, Gmail will send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you're having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon.
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they're forwarded, such as keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail's copy.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
B-connected is the Alumni Association's secure virtual community – only for Binghamton University alumni. B-connected enables you to keep connected with Binghamton's powerful alumni network.
Features of B-connected:
- Submit a Class Note and read updates your classmates have posted
- Upload a profile picture and photo album
- Instantly see a list of alumni living in your geographic area
- Create and share contact lists
- Manage subscriptions to e-mail bulletins and online alumni newsletters
- You can also support the University by making a gift through B-connected
- Alumni events, chapters and affinity groups offer numerous opportunities to connect with the University, expand your professional network, deepen your knowledge base and show your school spirit.
Help with student loans
NYS Get on Your Feet Loan Forgiveness Program
The NYS Get on Your Feet Loan Forgiveness Program provides up to 24 months of federal student loan debt relief to recent NYS college graduates who are participating in a federal income-driven repayment plan whose payments are generally capped at 10 percent of their discretionary income.
Help with careers
The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development offers individual counseling (in-person or telephone appointment and email) to Binghamton University graduates up to six months after graduation.
You can access the hireBING system to view job postings or to schedule an appointment with your Binghamton University email account.
The Watson Career & Alumni Connections office also provides career advising and resume assistance to our Watson alumni. Appointments can be scheduled through hireBING or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Alumni Association wants to help you build a successful career, and we are happy to provide you with guidance and assist you with tapping into our global network of 120,000 alumni.
Please visit the Career Toolkit page to learn more or to become a contributor.
For additional questions or concerns about transitioning from a Binghamton University student to a Watson alumnus, please contact the Watson Career & Alumni Connections office at email@example.com or feel free to contact a staff member directly.