The campus-wide mask mandate at Binghamton University has been lifted, effective March 26, 2022. The Anderson Center no longer requires masks or vaccination checks for entry. Some events may still suggest masking, at the discretion of organizers or guest artists. The University will continue to monitor transmission rates and consult with public health officials if transmission rates rise to levels that require reconsideration of a mask mandate.
Dogs, cats and other animals are not permitted in the Anderson Center. They may be walked outside but must be on a leash, as appropriate, and can never be left unattended. This policy does not apply to the use of companion animals for those with documented disabilities, other prearrangements, or documented purposes.
Along with state code that bans animals from dining facilities, there are health, sanitation and personal safety issues which promote the formation of this policy.
Banners, Flags and Posters
For safety purposes signs or flags attached to poles, dowels, or sticks are not permitted in the Anderson Center. Oversized banners, placards, flags and posters can obstruct the view of guests and are therefore not permitted.
Cameras and Recording Equipment
The Anderson Center policy on cameras and recording equipment varies by event. In almost all cases, flash photography is prohibited at events; Anderson Center staff reserves the right to examine and prohibit the use of any camera or recording equipment it deems unacceptable.
Carry in and Contraband Items
The following items are not permitted in the Anderson Center:
- Food and drink (except factory sealed bottled water)
- Laser Pointers
- Any noise-making device such as whistles, air horns, or sirens
- Weapons and dangerous devices such as knives
- Illegal drugs and alcohol
- Balloons of any kind
- Larger umbrellas (compact umbrellas are allowed)
Guests found in possession with any of the above items will be subject to removal or ejection from the facility and the contraband items confiscated.
Firearms and Weapons
Weapons are not allowed on the Binghamton University campus. Exceptions to this policy include local, state, and federal law enforcement officials. Law enforcement officials who are present in a non-working function and are armed should be brought to the attention of Anderson Center staff and University Police. The individuals must have their identity verified. Concealed weapons permits are not valid in the Anderson Center. Anyone with a weapon will be reported to University Police.
Food and Beverage
Patrons may not bring food and beverages into any Anderson Center theater at any time. If a patron attempts to bring these items into the theater, they will be offered the following options:
- Items may be consumed outside (except alcohol) before entering the theater
- Items may be returned to owner's vehicle
- Items may be thrown away in the nearest trash receptacle
Intoxicated patrons are not to be admitted into the facility at any time. If an intoxicated person is observed entering the facility, it should be reported to University Police. Intoxicated patrons are subject to ejection from the event at any time.
Lost and Found
Any items found before, during and after an event should be brought to the attention of a staff member. Found wallets, purses, mobile phones, cameras, and other items of value will be transferred to University Police, located in the basement of the Couper Administration Building. Other item(s) will be turned in to Anderson Center management and kept for 30 days. When 30 days have passed the items will be donated to charity or disposed of at the discretion of management.
Smoking and Controlled Substances
SUNY Binghamton is a tobacco-free campus to provide a healthy environment for its community members and as such the use or sale of tobacco products in or on SUNY Binghamton-owned or SUNY Binghamton property is prohibited.
This policy applies to faculty, staff, students, contractors, vendors and visitors. The use of tobacco products, including but not limited to, cigarettes, electronic nicotine delivery systems, cigars, hookah-smoked products, clove cigarettes, bidis, kreteks, smokeless tobacco and snus, is not permitted on any university owned or leased property, which includes but is not limited to, buildings, university grounds, parking areas, walkways, recreational and sporting facilities and state-owned vehicles. This prohibition also includes no smoking in personal or contractor-owned vehicles on university property.
Any person who refuses to comply with the policy will be subject to a citation and/or ejection from the facility. Local, State, and Federal Law prohibit the unlawful possession and/or distribution of controlled substances, stimulants, hallucinogenic substances, and marijuana. Individuals found in violation are subject to immediate removal from the premises and arrest by University Police.
Summer Concert Policies:
- All persons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the theater/lawn.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Patrons seated indoors are welcome to bring with them one factory-sealed water bottle. No other food or beverage is allowed inside the theater at any time. Food and beverage may be enjoyed by all patrons in the lounge or on the lawn.
- Binghamton University is a smoke-free campus. Use of cigarettes, e-cigarettes, pipes, cigars and chewing tobacco is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus. Refusal to comply with this policy may result in ejection from the facility.
- Beer/wine is available for purchase. No outside alcohol is permitted on campus.
- Weapons are prohibited.
- All bags are subject to search. Bags over 12" by 12" will not be permitted inside the venue or on the lawn.
- The house, lawn and lounge all open at 6:30 p.m.
- Lawn seating is rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, we may be required to evacuate the lawn for a period of time. Patrons will not be permitted to stand inside the rear of the theater. If available, lawn ticketholders may upgrade to indoor seating by paying the appropriate price differential.
- Large coolers, large umbrellas, signs and glass bottles are not permitted on the lawn. Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought in a bag or soft cooler that is 12" by 12" or smaller.
- Animals are not allowed on the lawn, with the exception of service animals.
- Patrons are welcome to bring blankets and chairs. The lawn is on a slope and low-back beach chairs are suggested. Bleachers are located in the rear of the lawn.
- The Anderson Center Lawn is not considered ADA compliant, and therefore cannot accommodate wheelchairs. Please call the Box Office (607-777-ARTS) to discuss alternative options. Box Office hours are noon to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.