FitCourt outdoor fitness area
Campus Recreation and the National Fitness Campaign (NFC) partnered to install an outdoor bodyweight circuit-training system adjacent to the Recreation Center at the East Gym.
The Fitness Court® ("FitCourt") features seven training zones and over 30 pieces of body-weight equipment to deliver a functional, full-body workout. Designed for adults of all ages and abilities, the FitCourt outdoor gym can be used in thousands of ways. The FitCourt is open for campus use at no additional cost.
Access workouts for every fitness level, how-to videos, challenges and training tools by downloading the free National Fitness Campaign’s Fitness Court app.
Binghamton University is the first partner in New York State for a collegiate campaign! There are currently 100 active fitness court locations across the country, and the NFC will reach a total of 250 cities and schools by the end of 2021.
We’ve taken our signature FIT-45 format and brought it to the great outdoors! Take your workout outside with this Vitamin-D boosting circuit training class. Located on the FitCourt, the world’s best outdoor gym, your trainer will guide you through 7 different stations, designed for all ability levels. The FitCourt combines bodyweight training and the natural surroundings to provide a tailored, total-body workout.
This is a drop-in class, which means you can sign up on the same day it's happening and there is no long-term commitment. Go to recreation.binghamton.edu (Select Programs, then Wellness) to sign up. FitCourt class registration closes 15 minutes prior to class.
- Class times
- Monday at 12:15 p.m.
- Tuesday at 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday at 8:15 p.m.
- Thursday at 12:15 p.m. or 5:15 p.m.
- Friday at 5:15 p.m.
- Aug. 30 – Oct. 31 (weather permitting)
- $5 fee per class
1-on-1 training on the FitCourt
Customize your fitness with personal training services on the FitCourt. A certified personal trainer can help you develop a program that is customized to your goals, health history, current fitness level, and schedule. All services can be purchased online anytime throughout the year.
Personal training services are available to both fitness members and non-members. All Binghamton University undergraduate and graduate students receive a 20% discount on personal training services.
|1 Session $45|
|One session of personal training and a fitness consultation/mini assessment (with initial purchase).|
|6 Sessions $180|
Six sessions of personal training and a fitness consultation/mini assessment (with initial purchase).
|12 Sessions $304|
|Twelve sessions of personal training and a fitness consultation/mini assessment (with initial purchase).|
|Workout Redesign $28|
|Includes exercise program redesign and tutorial for experienced exercisers who want professional help on progressing their exercise program (available for those who have previously purchased at least one personal training sessions or a deluxe fitness evaluation).|
Small group training on the FitCourt
Small group training is an affordable and fun option that accomodates 2-3 people with similar goals and are interested in working out together on the FitCourt. The exercise program will be designed to meet the needs of all the participants. All members of the group must also be in the same COVID-19 social bubble.
|1 Session $28 per person|
|Includes a group fitness consultation, mini group assessment and one small group training session with a personal trainer.|
6 Sessions $135 per person
|Includes a group fitness consultation, mini group assessment and 6 hours of small group training.|
More information can be found online.
Know before you go
The following rules and guidelines have been established to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all participants and to preserve the facilities for their intended usage. Cooperation of all participants is appreciated.
- Campus Recreation programs and activities have priority usage. The FitCourt may be closed at certain times for scheduled activities.
- Participation is voluntary and at your own risk. Users are responsible for reading and adhering to policies and posted signs.
- Clean, non-marking sneakers only. NO bare feet, socks, spikes, boots, open toed shoes, sandals, loafers, or slippers.
- Do not leave personal items on the FitCourt surface while working out. All items must stay on your person or be left off the court.
- Inappropriate language or behavior will not be tolerated.
- No loud or disturbing music is permitted. Personal music devices are allowed with the use of earbuds or headphones.
- Garbage must be disposed of in trash can.
- No gum, food, or drinks (except clear water) are permitted on the FitCourt. No alcohol, tobacco or smoking is permitted.
- Hanging is only allowed at stations as indicated. Use each station for its intended purpose only. Modification of equipment is prohibited.
- No pets are allowed on the FitCourt.
- Outdoor areas may be closed due to weather or facility conditions.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- ONLY Campus Recreation’s certified personal trainers are permitted to train clients in our facilities. No patron is allowed to receive personal training from a person unaffiliated with Campus Recreation.
- Report equipment malfunction or damage to a staff member inside the East Gym. Use of broken equipment is strictly prohibited.
Violation of stated or posted rules, regulations, or policies; destruction of the FitCourt; verbal abuse of staff; or lack of cooperation with staff can result in notification of University Police, removal from area, judicial and/or criminal action.
The FitCourt is monitored by surveillance cameras 24 hours a day. In case of emergency contact University Police at (607) 777-2222. For non-emergency assistance contact University Police at (607) 777-2393.
Please notify the East Gym Recreation Center staff if there are any questions or problems related to the FitCourt.
- Your safety is of CORE importance.
- The Fitness Court is a public workout structure designed to help you love a long, healthy life. The best part is you don’t pay for SQUAT!
- Don’t PUSH yourself too hard. By using the Fitness Court, you assume responsibility for any resulting accidents, injuries, illnesses or conditions.
- Before you LUNGE into any new exercise program, consult a physician or qualified healthcare provider.
- Don’t PULL the children into this! You must be at least 14 years old and weigh less than 300 lbs to use the Fitness Court.
- Maintain AGILITY by wearing proper footwear and avoiding wet surfaces. Stop immediately if you feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- Be safe and have a good time. Please don’t BEND these rules.